Kurt Cobain talking in November 1991 about the background behind the song ‘Polly’ (via batsypayne)
“ Rape is one of the most terrible crimes on earth. And it happens every few minutes. The problem with groups who deal with rape is that they try to educate women about how to defend themselves. What really needs to be done is teaching men not to rape. Go to the source and start there. ”
found this gem in the 1996 Cornell Women’s Handbook. it’s what to say when a guy tries to get out of using a condom
“ I am a feminist. I’ve been female for a long time now. I’d be stupid not to be on my own side. ”
Imagine if mirrors did not exist. If you knew your appearance only from what you could see of your body and feel of your face. You’d tell each other how beautiful you are. You’d draw each other’s portraits. You’d get up early one morning and go to the edge of a still lake and see your face perfectly reflected and illuminated by the rising sun. My god, you’re so beautiful.
Because Pitbulls need love too.
"if you don’t consider breasts sexual organs then why do you care if i grab them"
well EXCUSE ME BUT IF I JUST STRUTTED UP AND GRABBED YOUR EAR AND FELT IT UP LIKE MMMM YEAH BABY I BET YOU HEAR REAAAL GOOD WOULD YOU NOT BE UNCOMFORTABLE
glad to see y’all spreading the word
Kodaline - All I Want
'Cause if I could see your face once moreI could die a happy man I’m sure
Parenting, you’re doing it right.
I can only hope to be this type of parent.
These parents make my heart melt
That last one really got me. That’s such a good idea, and bless his dad for wanting his son to not feel left out. All his friends were probably like “Look at all my candy” and Fletcher was like “LOOK AT ALL MY TOYS HAHA I GOT TOYS”
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time